Mandibular Advancement Devices (or MADs) are one of the most effective stop snoring solutions on the market. Functioning by holding the jaw in a forward position so that the airways remain clear and the tissues of the throat cannot vibrate and cause snoring, MADs are becoming a popular way to eradicate the problem. SnoreRX is one of these device and consists of a mouthpiece manufactured from copolymer. This durable material can be molded using the boil and bite method to obtain a custom fit. This product was designed by an American neuroscientist, Jim Fallon, who established the Apnea Science Corporation and recruited talented local engineers to design this product. His product can now be purchased in 39 countries worldwide and the company is now worth millions of dollars.
The Snore RX has set the bar of standards high for the existing and any up and coming MADs. This unique adjustability it offers along with the materials it is made that is acrylic, BPA, and latex free, making it a one-of-a-kind unit. The built in measurement unit is great because it allows you to keep track of just how far you move it each time.
For the person that has just started looking at MADs, this feature may not seem like a big deal. But you will quickly learn how important it is because you can keep working with the unit until you get a perfect, personalized fit. Let’s look at the pros and cons of SnoreRX in one of the most accurate SnoreRX reviews.
Pros & Cons
Here are the pros and cons of the SnoreRX device:
- Its unique Flex-Jaw design allows ten 1mm increment adjustments which ensures that you can find the most comfortable fit for your individual needs
- The integrated calibrator makes reading the setting simple and also makes it easier for you to track your adjustments
- Manufactured from medical grade materials free from acrylic, latex and BPA for better health and safety. The copolymer material is also incredibly durable and soft, ensuring that the gums experience no pain or irritation
- FDA cleared for your peace of mind
- Made in the USA from high quality materials
- The integrated air holes allow for natural breathing during sleep, making this product ideal for those who prefer to breathe through their mouths in the night, or who are unable to breathe through their nostrils due to medical reasons
- Certified by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine, having achieved the gold standard of sleep medical services
- 12 to 15 month lifespan, much longer than many other comparable products
- Integrated boil and bite technology for a comfortable fit
- The cushioned tray is more gentle on teeth and this can help those who also suffer from teeth grinding during the night, protecting them from damage
- 30 day money back guarantee allows the customer to try out the product risk free. It can be returned even if the product has been opened and used
- Its tailored design will not aggravate Temporomandibular Joint Disorder, unlike many other anti-snoring products, which may actually cause the condition to arise
- Lateral jaw movements can be accommodated allowing for better comfort and a more natural bedtime experience
- Affordable cost when compared to other similar products
- Sold worldwide – this is a popular product all over the globe
- Advanced design using no springs, screws, rods or rubber bands so no worries about breaking or losing small pieces
- Fast shipping – the product is generally received via FedEx within three to five days after ordering
- Made to Medicare standards
- Cleaning is a little more difficult as the design is quite intricate and this may prove inconvenient for some users
- Cannot be worn by those wearing dental prosthetics such as veneers, crowns, caps, bridges or dentures. Those with loose or weak teeth are also unsuitable for this device due to the need to bite down on the materials. This device is also not recommended for anyone who has had dental implants for under 1 year.
- Some initial drooling and soreness although this will generally improve after a few days of use
- This product is not suitable for those with a sensitive gag reflex or those who cannot tolerate the sensation of a full mouth during sleep
- Unlike some other similar devices, the Snore Rx will not allow for talking or sipping water during wear.
What is SnoreRx?
SnoreRx is a high quality MAD device designed by a neuroscientist. Like other MAD appliances it is designed to hold the jaw in the correct forward position which prevents the tongue from falling backwards into the throat and causing an obstruction in the airways which leads to vibrations and snoring. However, the SnoreRx offers several unique design features that set it apart from the crowd.
It features a Calibrator which allows the wearer to make adjustments to the position of the lower jaw for a much more comfortable fit. This is unusual among MAD devices and really contributes to its effectiveness as well as its comfort of wear. Thanks to its boil and bite technology, this device also forms a custom fit to your teeth ensuring that it is tailored to your specific requirements.
As the SnoreRx is manufactured using an advanced compound, it is soft and non-irritating to the gums. The Snore Rx is backed up by a 30 day money back guarantee and has a lifespan of around 12-15 months, being very long lasting due to its medical grade copolymer materials. This is another advantage over many rival products which can only survive for around 4 to 6 months, and this makes the SnoreRx excellent value for money.
The Snore Rx device also does not aggravate the pain of TMJ, unlike many other similar devices, and its Posi-Lock facility ensures that your position is locked in place until a new setting is made. It is also available for purchase internationally and is globally popular.
How it works?
The SnoreRX device is held in position by the teeth inside the mouth and its adjustable section allows the lower jaw to be pushed comfortably into position, holding the jaw forward and preventing the tongue from falling into the throat. By tightening the muscles and tissues of the throat and jaw, snoring is reduced or even entirely eliminated.
With its high quality build and micro-adjustability functionality, the Snore Rx is even better than many other similar products. Thanks to its in-built measurement unit, you can even track your adjustments to ensure complete comfort and its locking system means that it will never adjust itself during the night. All of these features contribute to making the Snore Rx an excellent choice of product for even heavy snorers.
Although the Snore Rx device is a little more costly than many other MADs, it does have many excellent superior features. A single mouthpiece costs $99, but the price is discounted for multiple purchases, so two mouthpieces costs $154 and three costs $199. Mouthpieces are sent in their own carry case and shipping costs around $10. This device is protected by a 30 day money back guarantee which is unconditional, and can even be returned after it has been used. By using a promotional code you can also obtain a 10% discount on the manufacturer’s website.
What Makes It Unique?
Snore Rx is an advanced product, with technical features not found on many other MADs. It is very adjustable, with an in-built calibrator that has ten settings spaced 1mm apart. This ensures improved comfort and better effectiveness. It is also made from a non-irritating and durable medical grade material containing no acrylic, latex or BPA, and its integrated V-Flow airflow holes allow for mouth breathing in the night. The SnoreRx device also has a very long lifespan of around 12 to 15 months, which is almost double that of many other devices.
What Customers Are Saying
Most consumers who choose this product find that it is simple to use as well as comfortable to wear. There have, however, been some complaints, chiefly around billing and shipping.
Early versions of this product caused purchasers with smaller mouths to complain that they had difficulty in keeping the device in their mouth all night, however with the 2015 updated version of this device, this problem has been rectified. Although many users experience discomfort over the first week of use, this will disappear in a short space of time.
Is This Device Right for You?
SnoreRx may be functional and have an advanced design, however how do you know if it’s right for you? This MAD is much more adjustable than many of its competitors, allowing for one millimeter increments up to 10 millimeters. When this is combined with the customized boil and bite molding process, it will be much easier to obtain a comfortable fit with SnoreRx than with other MAD devices.
Similar in style to dentist-prescribed devices, this appliance was designed by engineers and is not endorsed by any doctor or dentist. However, its unique construction, affordable price and long lifespan means that this is a quality device that is easy to use. It is recommended for anyone who appreciates adjustability, durability and comfort, and as it is FDA cleared and contains no BPA, acrylics or latex, it is safe to use.
On the other hand, there are some snorers who will be unable to use the SnoreRx appliance. If, for example, you are are denture wearer, or have dental prosthetics like veneers, caps, bridges or crowns, you are unable to use this device due to the need to bite down. The same goes for anyone who has loose or weak teeth for the same reason. If you have a very sensitive gag reflex or struggle to sleep with something in your mouth, you may also find better relief with a different type of anti-snoring device.
The SnoreRx mouthpiece is highly effective, with an advanced and unique design. Although somewhat more expensive than rival devices, its many features warrant the extra cost, and with its long lifespan of up to 15 months, it will not require such frequent replacement making it good value for money. This is a high quality product that is easy to use and extremely adjustable without requiring the use of any specialist tools.
As it enables some lateral movement of the jaw, the SnoreRx is a much better anti-snoring solution than those MAD devices which are hard and inflexible, holding the jaw firmly in place rather than allowing for more natural side to side movements. It is also a good choice of device for anyone who is looking for an affordable and efficient way to eradicate snoring.
While the SnoreRx was developed by a neuroscientist and a team of engineers rather than a doctor, sleep specialist or dentist, it is just as effective, and often even more so, than other similar MAD devices and its micro-adjustability via the calibrator tool makes this an innovative appliance. While not suitable for those who wear dentures or who dislike the feeling of a device inside their mouths at night, those who can tolerate the sensation find that the SnoreRx is an effective way of managing their problem, with many sufferers experiencing a significant reduction in their snoring during use.